Make Black Friday into a GREEN Friday…
Fed up with Black Friday sales? Well, we are too! So how about a GREEN Friday this weekend instead? With just a little effort, there’s so much we can do – and it’s way more fun than fighting your way through the aisles and trying to find a parking spot on your local retail park!
During GREEN Friday, we’re promoting some of our most sustainable products and giving you an extra 10% off at brandthreads.com! Better still, order from us online and we’ll plant a tree with every order at brandthreads.com – including products in our GREEN Friday sale! We’re also giving away an annual National Trust family membership prize for up to 5!
Here’s 8 ways you can have a GREEN Friday weekend. But if you still fancy a sale and want to avoid the high street queues and shop more sustainably this Black Friday weekend…why not visit us online and get 10% off with GREENF10. Offer runs until midnight Friday 26th – which oddly enough, coincides with Black Friday! We’ve dozens of great characters on sale too!
7 useful ways to make Black Friday into GREEN Friday (apart from shopping at brandthreads.com!)
1. Get outdoors and be active, anywhere – but in especially in nature. If you can – leave the car at home (unless your one of the lucky ones with an electric car!) Research shows walking is de-stressing and great for our health. There are literally thousands of great, green outdoor spaces across the UK!
2. Spend time with friends and family. Technology and consumerism can easily leave us, and our loved ones, feeling isolated or unfulfilled. This is the perfect time to meet up with your favourite people. And it’ll make you both feel great if you can meet halfway somewhere outdoors (weather permitting of course!)
3. Do something to support a charity, your local community or any good cause. For example, how about donating your unwanted clothes to charity? Whether it’s volunteering somewhere, gathering those supplies for a local food bank or sharing your skills with someone… giving time to something outside yourself is the best cure for Black Friday blues!
4. Shop sustainably at Brand Threads! So many of our products are sustainably made from organic and recycled materials, what’s not to like? And we’ll plant a tree free with every order with our partners at ecologi.com too. We’ll give you 10% off with GREENF10 – simply add this at checkout when completing your order.
5. Ditch the car. Take a bus, train, bike or walk! It’s a win all-round and gets you outdoors and a great opportunity to meet for lunch too! With public transport often having wifi and so many leisure venues too, you can shop online too!
6. Take time to create something. Have you been meaning to learn to cook, bake, dig the garden, plant trees and shrubs, paint, play an instrument or develop some skill you’ve always admired? It’s all good and green! So, take a step back from the day-to-day, find a nice relaxing space, and and see what exciting new things you can come up with!
7. Raise awareness for GREEN Friday and its values If you like what you’ve read here, or agree with the overriding themes of GREEN Friday – spread the word! The more we connect, the greater our potential and impact. And while we have a tendency to underplay it: your simple actions can really make a difference in creating a better world!